Heavenly Light

Heavenly Light
Read to see the light

Monday, September 15, 2008

World Town's World Party

A Vision of a World full of Happiness: A World Party



World Town is not a party, its a phenomenon. As the first few World Towns in San Francisco have grown from a small party of diverse individuals to last Saturday night where over 1,600 people came and enjoyed flawless music, good energy and the first ever peace minute inside a nightclub, we realize this is real.

I remember sitting in my sophomore dorm room in Washington DC. Having just read Karl Marx for my World History 101 class I was excited for the impending seminar that our professor had scheduled, apparently I was pretty much the only one. Finally having read something of substance to me, I was eager to discuss the philosophy of utopian societies, argue why Communism is not the same as Marxism, and defend the work of a great innovator and thinker. It was a beautiful day and my fellow classmates convinced our otherwise dull yet extremely intelligent and somewhat nerdy professor to hold the seminar outside. Unfortunately for me, this would hinder my spiritedness to debate my coveted book. We sat in a large circle with a nice breeze, but there was cheerleader practice at the soccer field down the hill, and groundskeepers were mowing the lawn up the hill. The circle was a little too big, one classmate couldn't hear another classmate if you were on the other side of the circle, thus you almost had to shout your point if you were discussing the book. And, as sad as it is, I don't think my class was that into the book, no one wanted to shout, no one really even participated in class, so let alone a shouting contest against lawn mowing and cheerleading about a book that we grew up to hate in our capitalistic streamlined rhetoric of an education.

I got back from my class somewhat disappointed. Right then, as I was going over my notes and shaking my head at the lack of stimulation I got from the seminar my roommate, born and raised in Berkeley, California by communist parents, came barreling through the door in his "Kramer-esque" form. Ah ha! Finally, I realized, I can talk with my roommate, he knows Marx better than Marx, and he is the type to never back down from an intellectual discussion, which, for that reason, I rarely challenge him to.

"Utopia, its a wonderful thing," I suggested to spark his interest. He proceeded to be in his auto mode of ignoring everything and sandwich making until his hunger subsided and then he could function like a normal person again. I let him make his sandwich and halfway through I posed the same question, or lack of question but leading statement.

"Why do you say that?" He asked.

"I don't know, I guess cause I read Karl Marx' Communist Manifesto, and it seems like a fantastic idea, this whole utopian thing, but no one has really performed his rhetoric in order to really achieve a Utopian society. The Russians failed, the Chinese failed, and the United States is running the larges anti=communism platform that is winning, to me it seems like it may not be possible..."

I had sparked his inner ego, revolutionary rhetoric.

"You are right, its not going to happen via Russian or Chinese communism. Its not going to stem out of a collapse and revolution of world wide capitalism...these are all things that need to happen in order for his Utopian society to take place. The real revolution is pods of civilization that embody the principles, love, life, community. These pods will spring up all over the world, and eventually the pods with grow and join with other pods until the world becomes one big pod, and then my friend, is when you have a utopian society."

I was also taking a class on South American societies as it had mentioned but not elaborated on the Mayan civilization and how their calendar ends in 2012. I asked my roommate if he knew anything about that, and don't necessarily recall his answer. But my thoughts were brewing...If the Mayans predicted an end of an era, or end of the World, we must strive and fight for a way to unite humanity before this happens, or maybe that is exactly the plan, we have worked all this way, with wars, technology, hate, greed, but we forget our purpose, we forget that there is a Universe that we only play a small part of.

So what if we make a big impact on an infinite Universe? Positive energy resonates exponentially through and amongst aware or other enlightened individuals. Lets say two people are happy, they resonate positive energy out to the Universe as if one threw a pebble in a still pond. If you have a group of people resonating positivity the rock tossed into the pond is bigger, and thus the ripples are bigger. If you have enough people that are feeling enough positive energy we can create tidal waves of positive energy to swarm the planet, engulf the solar system and resonate throughout the Universe.

Thus World Town. Not just a party. In San Francisco its a pod that my brother and I took a gamble on. Harnessing music inspired by music from a woman growing up in a guerrilla warzone, fused with technology, visual provocation, and a few theories of positivity that seem to be intrinsically related to quantum physics, we have our first pod. My goal for World Town is to have the parties all over the Earth, taking it in any direction that one deems necessary to cultivate a group of people to celebrate unity, think about peace, dance to music and feel good all over. This energy will resonate back to the World, back to the other World Town parties taking place and we will feel a bond and a connection unlike any other. It will be so strong in so many different pods and will grow to the extent that World Town's World Party will not need to be planned, it will just be...and it will be glorious!

World Town's World Party set for sometime around December 2012, to save the World, to save humanity, to experience Peace in our lifetime. Do you want to start a World Town?

1 comment:

thelovemovement said...

Hell yeah, World Town!!!

Paz e amor

-Derek