Heavenly Light

Heavenly Light
Read to see the light

Monday, October 22, 2007

An Actual Conversation...

The Liberty to See and Be Seen...

This day and age, technology has taken over our lives...even email is becoming obsolete with text messages taking over the world. Friend networks that ruin any actual socializing and blogs where people can write whatever they want, post videos of whatever strikes their fancy, and friend networks that ...

I have all of the Myspace, Orkut and Facebook, and a few more that I dont even know that I have signed up for. I also keep all of them semi open to the public. There are no restrictions to read my blog, or see my Myspace. THis has often perplexed me, should I be more assertive about who sees and looks at my online stuff? We never how many people are out there, and how one might come across another page...and I know I have surfed the web and come across some pages that I didnt expect to...but the ones that intrigued me, I read, or linked to, or enjoyed that 34 seconds until my internet ADD surfed me to another site...The fact is that I dont really know, nor do a lot of people know block, or profile the people who see and read things online...thus I strive for an open mind and keep my online open, if someone really wants to take the time to see what I have uploaded, or written, or who I am friends with, then be my guest....However, the only thing I can say is that I maintain faith that people will ultimately have respect and not base their opinions about an individual simply by an online profile...my profiles have very little to do with my actual life, but they are fun and entertaining, or way to keep in touch--but I do grieve at the seriousness the whole online community revolves around...come sit down, pop open a beer, sit in my yard and watch the alley cats play, but most importantly remember we are people and come have an actual conversation with me...

No comments: